Figure drawing sessions at SOMArts have been ongoing for over 15 years, making it one of the longest-running groups of its kind in the Bay Area. Artists meet Saturdays in the drawing studio and a live model poses for every session.
Figure Drawing classes resume January 7th! Register now for up to 4 sessions.
COVID Safety Information
- Masks are recommended but not required (this is subject to change depending on updates from the Dept of Public Health.)
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations available throughout the building.
- 2 HEPA air filters are stationed in the studio and the windows will be open for ventilation—please dress accordingly.
- Doors open at 12:00 PM. Enter through the glass doors at 934 Brannan St. Press #3 (CLASS / DOJO) to be buzzed in. Go up the stairs and turn right down the long hallway to the drawing studio. Unfortunately, there is no accessible entrance to the drawing studio but a construction project to address this is in the works.
- Models pose for 5 total 20-minute segments starting with 20 different gesture poses for one minute each followed by 4 different 20 minute poses.
- All media are allowed, provided that there is no odor.
- Tables, drawing horses, stools, chairs, and cushions available for use. You are welcome to bring your own drawing board or easel.
- No instruction is provided but Leonard and the other artists are generally happy to provide advice and/or comments.
- Models are booked through the Bay Area Models Guild. BAMG members interested in modeling should contact the booking coordinator.
- Photography is strictly prohibited.
Questions? Please contact [email protected]