Clay Days is a monthly membership program great for ceramicists who are looking for space, a kiln, and a new artistic community!
Sessions are held Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:00-9:00. Each registration includes 8 sessions (4 weeks of classes) and glaze, tools, and kiln firings are provided along with guidance and instruction from teaching artist Matt Goldberg.
Open studio hours outside of class times are not available at the moment.
COVID Safety Information
- Proof of vaccination or a negative test from within 3 days must be presented to instructor upon arrival.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Class size is limited to 12 attendees.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations available throughout the building.
- HEPA air filters are stationed in the classroom and windows will be open at all times for ventilation—please dress accordingly.
A note about wheel-throwing: The SOMArts ceramics studio is geared towards handbuilding so we only have one wheel. If you are interested in throwing, that is totally fine – but please recognize there is limited access and instruction for this discipline. If throwing is the main focus of your ceramic practice, there are a handful of other great studios in the City to develop that skill set.
Unfortunately, we do not have an accessible entrance to the ceramics studio. A construction project to address this is in the works.