“Mud Months” is a monthly membership program great for ceramicists who are looking for space, a kiln and a new artistic community!
Mud Months sessions are held from 6:00-9:00 on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Each registration comes with a total of 8 sessions (4 weeks of classes). Open studio hours outside of that class time are not available at the moment. Glaze, tools, and kiln firings are provided along with guidance and instruction from teaching artist Matt Goldberg.
COVID Safety Requirements and Info:
- Proof of vaccination status or a negative test from the past three days prior to class will be required to attend and must be presented to instructor upon arrival.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Class size will be limited to 12 attendees.
- Touch-less hand sanitizers are available throughout SOMArts’ space.
- Air filters are stationed in the classroom and windows will be open at all times to increase airflow.
One note about wheel-throwing: The SOMArts ceramic studio is geared towards handbuilding. We have one wheel. If you are interested in throwing, that is totally fine – but please recognize there is limited access and instruction for this discipline. If throwing is the main focus of your ceramic practice, there are a handful of great studios in the city set up to develop that skillset.
Unfortunately, we do not have an accessible entrance to the ceramics studio. A construction project to address this is in the works.