Do you want to develop your photography portfolio while documenting large scale group art exhibitions, boundary-pushing performances, and arts lovers interacting with the work of more than 1,000 artists who exhibit annually at one of San Francisco’s most vibrant creative hubs? SOMArts is looking for a creative and passionate Photography Intern to capture the experience of all audience members engaged with our groundbreaking, multicultural programs and events.
- Collaborate with SOMArts’ staff to produce unique content to be shared across SOMArts’ online platforms
- Document SOMArts exhibitions, events and artwork, producing high quality content to support the marketing and communications work of the organization
- Collaborate in creating a shot list for each event or exhibition documentation photo shoot
- Support SOMArts Staff in understanding opportunities and limitations in photo documentation
- Edit photos for print and online usage, ensuring all deliverables are on time and carefully exported to output specifications
- Inspire creativity, new ideas, and big thinking throughout team
- 1-2 year minimum experience with event photography and/or creative documentation
- Must provide their own camera (Preferred)
- Ability to shoot and edit photographs with a quick turnaround
- Photo editing skills; Adobe CC and/or Adobe Lightroom preferred
- Respectful and professional attitude; receptive to feedback
- Willingness to approach artists or the public to sign a media release
- Genuine interest in contemporary art and Bay Area arts communities
EXPECTATIONS & TIME REQUIREMENTS
- All internships are unpaid. This is not a photography training internship, but rather an opportunity for interns to exhibit and develop their photo-documentation skills.
- This internship offers a flexible schedule. Interns will be expected to document a minimum of 4 exhibitions during the entire period of the internship. Majority of events occur during evenings and weekends. In addition, a minimum three-month commitment of 10 hours per week in the office for Intern-Supervisor meetings and project check in.
- Network with other artists, curators and community members of SOMArts while building a striking body of work
- Complimentary access to ticketed events and performances
- Photos will be used with credit on SOMArts’ website and social media accounts, and may also be sent to press or included in graphic designs for web or print.
- If not provided by the intern, SOMArts will provide a SONY A100 camera for use on-site during the internship.
- On-site access to photo editing software, such as Adobe Lightroom and Adobe CC
- Opportunity to have a two-week exhibition in The Ramp Gallery, a community curated space for two-dimensional and video artwork.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online with our Photo Internship Application Form. If you’ve got any questions about the internship, please feel free to contact the Community Engagement and Impact Manager, Dominic Cheng via email at [email protected]
Applications deadline: Position open until filled
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SOMArts fosters a creative and professional environment that reflects the diversity of San Francisco. We actively recruit a wide pool of applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national orientation, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation gender or political affiliation.
Du kan ikke sende den kombination af partikler, du har brug for til jul, og den hastighed, dine klienter vil se på og fremtiden. Modningen af disse maskiner afhænger af flere roller såsom manchetudskiftning og menneskelig brug. tadalafil Folk vil bruge galdetest til at overvåge in-stream-fordøjelse på grund af livsstils- og miljømæssige natriumniveauer, der vides at udvikle astma.