Job Title: Lead Technician
Reports to: Directors of Facilities and Technical Operations
Hours & Location:
30hrs per week, including evenings and possible late nights, depending on the needs of SOMArts’ event schedule. Schedule is determined monthly by Technical Operations administration. SOMArts Cultural Center is located at 934 Brannan St. in San Francisco.
Do you want to work alongside art that is culturally engaged, and thrillingly experimental, and in service to Bay Area non-profits who utilize SOMArts’ space and support? SOMArts Cultural Center is a non-profit organization that offers a robust public program of art exhibitions, classes, events and performances that are affordable and accessible to all, as well as subsidized space and support to over 100 non-profit clients annually. The Lead Technician at SOMArts provides critical assistance to the Director of Facilities & Technical Operations in facilitating successful technical support of these events, and positive interactions with SOMArts’ clients and production partners.
- Direct Staff Technicians and provide general oversight for event installation and production; train and improve the skills of staff technicians and lead by example.
- Assist Technical Operations administration with organizational and maintenance tasks.
- Provide event operations instruction to Staff Building Managers.
- Review written materials for event technicians to follow, including plots, floorplans, event details, load-in schedules and event set-up tasks, and assist in event physical setup and installation as needed.
- Occasionally perform event technician duties (Lighting Board Operator, Live Audio Engineer, Building Manager etc.) and monitor event activities as needed.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
- Oversee the safe storage and operation of facility assets and A/V/L equipment.
- Assisting clients, performers, and artists as needed.
- Facilitate positive and clear interactions with clients and guests to ensure that space usage guidelines are followed.
- Interacting with clients, performers, artists, supervisors, and peers in a courteous and professional manner. Utilizing best communication practices to collaboratively solve problems and clarify instructions.
- Provide timely event reports and information that facilitates the final invoicing of rental clients or wrap up reporting for SOMArts’ productions.
- Practicing and enforcing safe working habits and immediately reporting unsafe situations and conditions to supervisors. Proactively working to prevent accidents and manage risk levels in work areas.
- Lighting experience: correctly and appropriately installing, operating, maintaining, and basic repair of lighting systems and their components; hanging, focusing, and circuiting stage lighting instruments; testing, pulling, and troubleshooting equipment; lighting board fundamentals and operation (ETC Eos Family); demonstrated knowledge of electrical safety; dimmer usage (portable and stationary).
- Audio experience: live audio engineering; setup of public address / sound systems and microphones; audio mixing console fundamentals and operation, etc.
- Video/projection experience: projector installation and setup, basic video switcher operation and computer display troubleshooting, video file cuing fundamentals, basic knowledge of common presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote), knowledge of various video standards and formats.
- Personnel lift operation experience.
- Basic staging experience.
- Carpentry safety fundamentals.
- Familiarity with both Mac OS and Windows operating systems. Functional knowledge of productivity software.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience working in a fast-paced event production environment. Good communication and organizational skills.
- Be a team player and have the ability to work evening and weekend hours as required.
- Positive attitude, with the ability to handle conflicts respectfully and professionally.
- A developed eye for detail and ability to complete tasks thoroughly and efficiently.
- Willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances that present challenging and provocative subject matter.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Frequently required to work at heights of up to 20’, must be comfortable working at elevated heights on ladders and personnel lifts.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- Exempt: $42,120/yr
- Health & Dental benefits
- Paid time off
Organizational Overview: SOMArts plays a vital role in the arts ecosystem by helping activate the arts citywide. We do this by providing space and production support for non-profit events, as well as fairs and festivals throughout the Bay Area, and offering a robust program of art exhibitions, classes, events and performances that are affordable and accessible to all.
SOMArts is beloved in San Francisco as a cross-cultural, community-built space where cutting-edge events and counterculture commingle with traditional art forms in a way that is open, engaging and inspiring. It is an incubator for ideas that lie outside the mainstream of contemporary art funding and consumption.
The South of Market Cultural Center is a 26,190 sq ft cultural center with two large performance/exhibition spaces, a flexible theater, a media lab, photography, ceramics and printmaking studios used on a weekly basis by professional artists, and four administrative offices.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected], Attn: Director of Facilities and Technical Operations. Subject: [YOUR LAST NAME], AV Technician. Position open until filled.
Please, no phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SOMArts fosters a creative and professional environment that reflects the diversity of San Francisco. We actively recruit a wide pool of applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
Bruk av postpartum antiretroviral terapi alene var ikke mest effektiv i randomiserte kliniske studier. cialis pris Det er alarmerende at alle enslige menn under flaggermusens alder i utvalget av husholdninger ble brakt til makten i studien for å minne dem om deres seksuelle praksis og serostatus.